Download my free thyroid resources here (including hypothyroid symptoms checklist, the complete list of thyroid lab tests + optimal ranges, foods you should avoid if you have thyroid disease, and more): https://www.restartmed.com/start-here/
Are you suffering from thyroid hair loss? If so then these treatments and therapies may be beneficial.
Hair loss in hypothyroidism and other thyroid conditions stems from multiple issues and figuring out which issue is causing your hair loss is incredibly important.
How do you know if you have hair loss? Thyroid patients with hair loss often experience hair fall, hair loss, and breakage of their hair.
These are the MOST common causes of hair loss in thyroid patients. You may find that one or more of these problems exist in your body:
#1. Hair loss from thyroid medication.
– Thyroid medication can cause hair loss either DIRECTLY as a side effect or because your medication is either too low or too high.
#2. Hair loss from low iron/ferritin.
– LOW ferritin is a huge cause of hair loss among thyroid patients.
#3. Hair loss from taking too much selenium and biotin.
– Biotin and selenium can both help your hair grow but taking too much can cause hair loss.
#4. Hair loss from high testosterone/DHEA.
– Your thyroid can cause testosterone problems which may contribute to hair loss.
#5. Hair loss from low progesterone and high estrogen.
– Low estrogen and high estrogen can both lead to hair loss and thyroid function affects both hormones.
#6. Hair loss from autoimmunity.
– Some of you, especially those with Hashimoto’s, may suffer from alopecia which is an autoimmune disease. In this case you need to focus on improving your immune system.
#7. Low Zinc/B12.
– These nutrients are required for hair growth and many thyroid patients are deficient in them.
Use this list to find out which problem you have and then FOCUS on that particular issue. This will help you in growing back your hair quickly.