(TBS #14) Is it Safe to Exercise When you have Thyroid Problems? - Dr. Westin Childs | Thyroid & Health Supplements That Work

(TBS #14) Is it Safe to Exercise When you have Thyroid Problems?

The Dr. Westin Childs Podcast
The Dr. Westin Childs Podcast
(TBS #14) Is it Safe to Exercise When you have Thyroid Problems?
/

Today is all about exercising when you have thyroid problems.

First, you need to understand how exercise impacts calorie burn in your body. There are 2 main ways that your body burns calories…

The first is through your metabolism (of which about 60% is controlled by your thyroid) which accounts for around 70% of total calories burned and the other 30% is controlled through other activities such as exercise.

Factors that influence your metabolism include your resting heart rate, thinking, breathing, sleeping and so on.

Factors that you can control include the amount that you exercise and how active you are throughout the day.

In many cases, patients accidentally damage their metabolism by overexercising which can cause issues to their thyroid.

This means you have to be careful when you exercise because it causes stress to your body.

This stress, if excessive, can also cause damage to other hormones such as cortisol.

The proper amount of exercise can help increase your metabolism by increasing muscle mass and the number of calories that you burn each day.

But how much is enough?

The amount that you will need to exercise will vary and will be different from other people but you will want to combine both low-intensity exercises which high-intensity interval training.

Starting off slow, and listening to your body, is critical if you want to feel better and improve thyroid function.

Exercising helps you lose weight by altering your hormones (and this is more important than its ability to increase the amount of calories that you burn).

Hey guys!

I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.

I take a personalized/functional medicine approach to management of conditions. I’m not accepting patients but you can learn more and get plenty of information on my blog!

You can learn more about high-quality supplements that I create (and personally use) here:
https://www.restartmed.com/shop/

More information, including links to literary studies, in the video and the full blog post, can be found here:
https://www.restartmed.com/diet-low-carbohydrate-high-fat/#tab-con-10

You can find more general information on my site here:
https://www.restartmed.com/

If you enjoyed this video please subscribe on youtube or leave a comment on my podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-westin-childs-podcast-thyroid-weight-loss-hormones/id1141207688?mt=2

This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.

Do you have any topics or video ideas? Please say so in the comments below!

Leave a Comment

0
Your Cart
Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
Calculate Shipping