Today I am joined by Dr. Anshul Gupta for a great discussion on reversing Hashimoto’s, what triggers Hashimoto’s, natural treatments for Hashimoto’s, and much more.
Dr. Anshul Gupta is a best-selling author, speaker, researcher, and expert in Hashimoto’s disease. He is board-certified in family medicine with training in functional medicine, integrative medicine, and peptide therapy. He previously worked at the Cleveland Clinic Department of functional medicine alongside Dr. Mark Hyman and has most recently published a book called Reversing Hashimoto’s.
You can learn more about Dr. Gupta here:
– Get a free consultation with Dr. Gupta: https://www.anshulguptamd.com/
– Learn more about his book Reversing Hashimoto’s: https://amzn.to/3qO3ARG
Topics discussed today include:
– How conventional doctors view Hashimoto’s versus the functional medicine approach to Hashimoto’s
– Whether or not Hashimoto’s is reversible
– Tracking antibody levels to determine the severity of your disease
– Why Hashimoto’s is both an autoimmune disease as well as a thyroid disease and both aspects must be treated
– The 5 most common triggers of Hashimoto’s
– How diet plays a role in the development of Hashimoto’s
– The importance of detoxification in managing Hashimoto’s
– How to test for heavy metals, mold, and other toxins
– Using FAR IR sauna for detoxification
– How to improve lymphatic function through dry bushing
– The primary foods that drive Hashimoto’s as well as leaky gut
– Why patients with Hashimoto’s develop small intestinal bacterial overgrowth as well as small intestinal fungal overgrowth
– How to support thyroid function in Hashimoto’s using food, supplements, and medications
– Using ashwagandha if you have Hashimoto’s
– Using iodine if you have Hashimoto’s
– Should you avoid nightshades if you have Hashimoto’s?
– How AIP fits into treating patients with Hashimoto’s
– The value of consuming quality protein for immune and thyroid function
– Should you use iodine if you have Hashimoto’s?
– Where does thyroid medication fit into the treatment of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis?
Download my free thyroid resources here (including hypothyroid symptoms checklist, the complete list of thyroid lab tests + optimal ranges, foods you should avoid if you have thyroid disease, and more): https://www.restartmed.com/start-here/
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– Supplements that everyone with hypothyroidism needs: https://bit.ly/3tekPej
– Supplement bundle to help reverse Hashimoto’s: https://bit.ly/3gSY9eJ
– Supplements for those without a thyroid and for those after RAI: https://bit.ly/3tb36nZ
– Supplements for active hyperthyroidism: https://bit.ly/3t70yHo
See ALL of my specialized supplements including protein powders, thyroid supplements, and weight loss products here:
Want more from my blog? I have more than 400+ well-researched blog posts on thyroid management, hormone balancing, weight loss, and more. See all blog posts here:
Prefer to listen via podcast? Download all of my podcast episodes here: https://apple.co/3kNYTCS
This video is for general informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, treatment, diagnosis, prescription, or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Childs and you. You should not make any changes to your medications or health regimens without first consulting a physician. If you have any questions please consult with your current primary care provider. Restart Medical LLC and Dr. Westin Childs are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis, or any other information, services, or product you obtain through this website or video.
#thyroid #hypothyroidism #hashimoto’s