If you have hypothyroidism you know how hard it can be to lose weight. I’ve been helping patients with hypothyroidism lose weight by balancing their hormones and that’s exactly what this video is about. I walk you through 5 step-by-step examples of how to do it.
If you watched the vide these are the supplements I’ve referred to:
Indole 3 carbinol: http://amzn.to/2asBLUW
High quality progesterone: http://amzn.to/2aEPsDx
These are the same steps I use in my practice:
1. Reverse and treat insulin resistance if present – high levels of insulin make burning fat as a fuel source almost impossible. Up to 50% of patients have insulin resistance on TOP of hypothyroidism and I’ve found that to be even higher in most patients I treat.
2. Treat leptin resistance and thyroid resistance if present – You need to make sure you check your reverse T3/free T3 ratio (it should be greater than 0.2), if it is lower than you have thyroid resistance and need T3. If your leptin levels are greater than 12 then you need to consider treatment with a GLP-1 agonist. Remember that thyroid resistance and leptin resistance go together!
3. Reverse Estrogen dominance if present (or low progesterone) – Remember to use urine testing for these hormones so that you can find ALL metabolites and figure out which step is blocked in your body. If necessary you may need to consider using bio-identical progesterone cream (link above).
4. Treat low testosterone if present – Low testosterone can cause weight gain, mood changes and low energy. Many women who suffer from insulin resistance ALSO suffer from low testosterone.
5. Adrenal fatigue and elevated cortisol levels – High levels of adrenal hormones (cortisol) can cause weight gain and lead to constant fatigue. Make sure to check your cortisol and cortisone levels in the urine at 4 points throughout the day.
I recommend going through ALL of these steps in THIS order so you can finally lose weight with hypothyroidism. Using these steps I’ve been able to help patients lose weight about 98% of the time.
You can read the entire blog post here:
You can read more on my website here:
My office is here:
Address: 3303 E Baseline Rd #204, Gilbert, AZ 85234
Phone: (480) 964-5107
Dr. Westin Childs is the Thyroid and Weight Loss Doctor
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.