Are you taking your thyroid medication correctly? If not, it may not be doing its job. This video will walk you through how you should be taking your thyroid medication for the best results.
Including how to take levothyroxine, how to take Synthroid, and how to take other forms of thyroid medications such as natural desiccated thyroid.
Before you blame your symptoms on your thyroid make sure you are following these guidelines:
– Take your thyroid medication either first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed
– Take your thyroid medication at least 30-60 minutes AWAY from food (either before or after)
– Do NOT take supplements at the same time as your thyroid medication, take them at least 30-60 minutes away from whenever you take your thyroid meds
– If you are taking a dedicated calcium or iron supplement then make sure to take your thyroid medication 4 hours away from whenever you take these supplements
– Do NOT take your thyroid medication with coffee or caffeine
– Remember that NOT all thyroid medications are created equal – switch to a thyroid medication that has fewer fillers if necessary
– Treat your gut to improve thyroid hormone absorption
By focusing on these areas you can potentially improve how effective your thyroid medication is and then you will be able to determine if you are on the right medication for your body.
Download my free thyroid resources here (including hypothyroid symptoms checklist, the complete list of thyroid lab tests + optimal ranges, foods you should avoid if you have thyroid disease, and more): https://www.restartmed.com/start-here/
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– Supplements that everyone with hypothyroidism needs: https://bit.ly/3tekPej
– Supplement bundle to help reverse Hashimoto’s: https://bit.ly/3gSY9eJ
– Supplements for those without a thyroid and for those after RAI: https://bit.ly/3tb36nZ
– Supplements for active hyperthyroidism: https://bit.ly/3t70yHo
See ALL of my specialized supplements including protein powders, thyroid supplements, and weight loss products here:
Want more from my blog? I have more than 400+ well-researched blog posts on thyroid management, hormone balancing, weight loss, and more. See all blog posts here:
Prefer to listen via podcast? Download all of my podcast episodes here: https://apple.co/3kNYTCS
Dr. Westin Childs received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic medicine in 2013. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Childs is no longer practicing medicine and does not hold an active medical license so he can focus on helping people through videos, blog posts, research, and supplement formulation. To read more about why he is no longer licensed please see this page: https://www.restartmed.com/what-happe…
This video is for general informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, treatment, diagnosis, prescription, or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Childs and you. You should not make any changes to your medications or health regimens without first consulting a physician. If you have any questions please consult with your current primary care provider. Restart Medical LLC and Dr. Westin Childs are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis, or any other information, services, or product you obtain through this website or video.
#thyroid #hypothyroidism #hashimoto’s