The quick answer to the question:
Yes, but only in about 10% of the population (based on my estimates and experience). And by reversed I am talking about a 100% complete remission where you are not taking thyroid medication, where your thyroid antibodies are zero, your weight is normalized, and you do not have any symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Other people can experience anywhere from minor to major improvements with natural therapies, but the degree that they will improve depends on their individual circumstance.
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease which will eventually result in the complete destruction of your thyroid gland.
In the conventional setting, most doctors do not do any treatment for Hashimoto’s except using thyroid medications and/or surgery (in some cases).
This means that it’s up to you to find the treatment you need to fix your condition.
If you are interested in reversing Hashimoto’s or in treating your condition naturally then you will have more luck getting treatment from an integrative or functional medicine doctor when compared to a primary care doctor or an endocrinologist.
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– For thyroid hormone production and conversion: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/t3-conversion-booster/
– For hair loss: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-hair-regrowth-complex/
– For weight management: https://www.restartmed.com/product/gut-bomb-350-billion/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/functional-fuel-complete/
– For gut health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/ultra-biotic-x100/
– For energy and adrenal health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/power-b-complex/
I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.
If you enjoyed this video please subscribe on youtube or leave a comment on my podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-westin-childs-podcast-thyroid-weight-loss-hormones/id1141207688?mt=2
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.