Download my free thyroid resources here (including hypothyroid symptoms checklist, the complete list of thyroid lab tests + optimal ranges, foods you should avoid if you have thyroid disease, and more): https://www.restartmed.com/start-here/
Why would you want to do therapies at home? For 2 main reasons:
Your doctor may only be willing to give you Synthroid (and doesn’t know about other therapies) and these therapies all help existing thyroid therapies as well.
List of natural thyroid remedies and treatments:
#1. The food that you put into your mouth.
– Provides you with nutrients and INFORMATION
– Causes or decreases inflammation
– Improves gut health (20% of thyroid
#2. Some medications.
– Medications are 3x more expensive in the US
– Available OTC in some countries
Be cautious using these medications and only consider this if your doctor isn’t willing to work with you.
#3. Supplement protocols.
Supplements work but they need to be tweaked in order to be very effective. By focusing on your gut health, thyroid health, adrenal health, and detoxification you can really improve your thyroid.
A sample protocol may look like this:
Thyroid supplements for 1-2 months (T3 conversion booster + Thyroid adrenal reset complex)
Gut health supplements for month 3-4 (Gut Bomb 350 billion + Ultra Biotic x100)
Detox supplements for month 5-6 (Functional fuel DETOX + Omega Soothe SR)
#4. Exercise (improves thyroid function directly)
And I’m NOT talking about intense exercise here.
Movement of any kind, as long as it is pushing your body, will do the trick.
What if you have crushing fatigue? If you do then Yoga/pilates are the best.
Be sure to increase the intensity of your exercises as you can tolerate it.
#5. At home thyroid testing.
The real value here is that you can test your own blood to determine if the therapies listed above are working. You can check your labs with blood drop testing or with other companies such as life extension.
#6. Stretching + Yoga
Stretching and yoga help improve blood flow, reduce stress and improve cortisol.
#7. Detoxification + IR Sauna
Detoxification helps eliminate EDC’s and improve liver function.
This is important because a large majority of T4 to T3 conversion occurs in the liver.
You can check AST and ALT to see if your liver is functioning.
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– For thyroid hormone production and conversion: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/t3-conversion-booster/
– For hair loss: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-hair-regrowth-complex/
– For weight management: https://www.restartmed.com/product/gut-bomb-350-billion/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/functional-fuel-complete/
– For gut health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/ultra-biotic-x100/
– For energy and adrenal health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/power-b-complex/
I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.