Want to get rid of inflammation the natural way? Check out these supplements. These 6 anti inflammatory supplements can help cool off inflammation in the body and help you feel better.
Why is inflammation a problem? It is well known that inflammation can result in weight gain, arthritis, joint pain, hormone imbalances, sleep disturbances, immune system dysfunction, fatigue, poor cholesterol, and much more.
Managing inflammation, if done correctly, may help SOLVE these problems.
What is inflammation? Inflammation is a good thing and is part of the HEALING process and is perfectly NORMAL in the short term. But when it becomes chronic, it becomes an issue. Chronic inflammation can be triggered by autoimmune disease, gut issues, lingering infections, and constant exposure to allergens or irritants.
Want to get rid of inflammation? Check out these 7 supplements (+ some honorable mentions):
1. Alpha-lipoic acid (a powerful antioxidant compound found in plants including broccoli, spinach, red meat, Brussel sprouts, peas, carrots).
Potential benefits in diabetes as well as diabetic complications (neuropathy), also helpful for weight loss.
2. MSM (methylsulfonylmethane found in green vegetables, probably works by improving the flow of nutrients in and out of the cell via cell membrane).
Great for joint pain, arthritis, and osteoarthritis. It also helps with detoxification.
3. Quercetin (a flavonoid found in plants such as leafy greens, tomatoes, berries, and broccoli).
Reduces inflammation, great for allergies, heart health, and pain syndromes.
4. Fish oil (high in omega 3 fatty acids, improves the ratio of omega 6:3 which improves inflammatory cascade).
I use this for weight loss, cholesterol problems, and immune support.
5. Bromelain (group of enzymes found in pineapple).
Great for allergies, digestive issues, gut problems, arthritis, and asthma.
6. Curcumin/turmeric + black pepper for absorption (perhaps most well-studied anti-inflammatory on the list with more than 12,000+ articles).
Broad inflammatory support, great for autoimmune diseases, joint pain, and metabolic problems.
Honorable mentions include:
Are you currently taking any of the anti-inflammatory supplements on this list? Are they working for you? Let me know below!
Download my free thyroid resources here (including hypothyroid symptoms checklist, the complete list of thyroid lab tests + optimal ranges, foods you should avoid if you have thyroid disease, and more): https://www.restartmed.com/start-here/