If you are confused about thyroid medication names then this is the video for you. In this video, I break down how various thyroid medications differ from one another and what thyroid hormones that they contain.
There are two main types of thyroid hormones: T4 and T3.
Thyroid medications contain both or just one or the other of these hormones which impact how they work in your body.
T4 only thyroid medications include:
– Synthroid (Brand name)
– Levothyroxine (Generic)
– Tirosint (Brand name – special in that it only has 4 total ingredients)
*T4 only thyroid medications MUST be activated by your body in order to be used.
NDT (Natural Desiccated thyroid hormone) medications include:
– Armour Thyroid (Brand name)
– NP Thyroid (Generic for Armour Thyroid)
– WP Thyroid
*NDT medications contain a combination of T4 and T3 thyroid hormone.
T3 only thyroid medications:
– Cytomel (Brand name)
– Liothyronine (Generic)
– SR T3 (Sustained release T3)
*T3 thyroid medications come pre-activated and are the most powerful types of thyroid medications.
There are many other thyroid medication names based on the country you live in but you can always figure out which type of thyroid medication you are taking by looking at the active ingredient. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor if you aren’t sure!
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– For thyroid hormone production and conversion: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/t3-conversion-booster/
– For hair loss: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-hair-regrowth-complex/
– For weight management: https://www.restartmed.com/product/gut-bomb-350-billion/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/functional-fuel-complete/
– For gut health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/ultra-biotic-x100/
– For energy and adrenal health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/power-b-complex/
I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.
If you enjoyed this video please subscribe on youtube or leave a comment on my podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-westin-childs-podcast-thyroid-weight-loss-hormones/id1141207688?mt=2
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.