The answer is that it really depends. Sometimes hypothyroidism is curable and sometimes it isn’t, it depends on the cause of your condition.
Before we talk about these conditions you need to understand the difference between a cure and a treatment. All forms of hypothyroidism can be treated but when I talk about a cure I am talking about a therapy which will completely heal your body. All types of hypothyroidism are treatable but not all are curable.
Conditions that cause hypothyroidism include…
Hypothyroidism from Hashimoto’s thyroiditis:
– The most common cause of hypothyroidism is from Hashimoto’s which is both treatable and curable. Most people do not realize a complete cure but they can almost always improve their condition, symptoms, and antibody levels.
Hypothyroidism from nutrient deficiencies:
– If your thyroid dysfunction is caused by a nutrient deficiency then there is a good chance that it can be cured. Simply taking the nutrient you are deficient in may be enough to cure your condition. Common nutrients causing hypothyroidism include iodine deficiency, selenium deficiency, zinc deficiency, and tyrosine deficiency.
Hypothyroidism from pituitary or hypothalamic dysfunction:
– Hypothyroidism from brain-related issues are usually very difficult to treat. If your hypothyroidism is caused by brain damage (from trauma) then it is unlikely that you will be able to cure your condition. If it’s caused by PTSD then it may be treatable.
Hypothyroidism from RAI or thyroid removal:
– This form of hypothyroidism is NOT curable. It can be treated with thyroid medication but it cannot be cured (at least not at this time).
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– For thyroid hormone production and conversion: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/t3-conversion-booster/
– For hair loss: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-hair-regrowth-complex/
– For weight management: https://www.restartmed.com/product/gut-bomb-350-billion/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/functional-fuel-complete/
– For gut health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/ultra-biotic-x100/
– For energy and adrenal health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/power-b-complex/
I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.
If you enjoyed this video please subscribe on youtube or leave a comment on my podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-westin-childs-podcast-thyroid-weight-loss-hormones/id1141207688?mt=2
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.