Is Synthroid Gluten-free? The answer is yes, based on a recent study which looked at all of the ingredients.
But why is this important? It has to do with the fact that most hypothyroid patients suffer from Hashimoto’s thyroiditis which is an autoimmune condition of the thyroid gland. And about 5% of people with Hashimoto’s also suffer from Celiac disease which is an autoimmune disease to gluten.
That means that roughly 1 in 20 people with Hashimoto’s will also not tolerate gluten.
This study showed that the concentration of gluten in Synthroid was less than 3 parts per million which are below the acceptable amount of gluten in food products to be labeled as gluten-free.
But just because it is gluten-free doesn’t mean you won’t potentially react when taking it.
Synthroid still contains other inactive ingredients including aluminum, lactose, and other dyes and coloring agents which can all cause reactions.
The best thing to do if you believe that you are reacting to these ingredients is to switch to a cleaner thyroid medication such as Tirosint.
Tirosint has 3 inactive ingredients and 1 active ingredient making it the cleanest T4 medication.
Recommended thyroid supplements to enhance thyroid function:
– For thyroid hormone production and conversion: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/t3-conversion-booster/
– For hair loss: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-hair-regrowth-complex/
– For weight management: https://www.restartmed.com/product/gut-bomb-350-billion/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/functional-fuel-complete/
– For gut health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/ultra-biotic-x100/
– For energy and adrenal health: https://www.restartmed.com/product/thyroid-adrenal-reset-complex/ + https://www.restartmed.com/product/power-b-complex/
I’m Dr. Westin Childs and I focus on thyroid health, hormone balance, and weight loss. I write about thyroid disorders, weight loss, insulin resistance, estrogen/progesterone balance on my blog. I truly believe that hormone balance is the key to managing your weight, your mood and your quality of life which is why I’m so passionate about it.
If you enjoyed this video please subscribe on youtube or leave a comment on my podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-westin-childs-podcast-thyroid-weight-loss-hormones/id1141207688?mt=2
This video is not intended to be used as medical advice. If you have questions about your health please consult your physician or primary care provider. Dr. Westin Childs goes to great lengths to produce high-quality content but this is NOT a substitute for medical care.